Oftentimes when buying stuff online, the buyer receives a URL (like a PayPal link) from the seller, which the buyer then clicks to make a payment.

Is there a concise name for such a link?

  • "URL that seller sent to buyer for making the payment" is too long
  • "Payment link" could make people think that the seller sends a payment to them
  • "Link for user to deposit payment" is a bit better but still long
  • 1
    "Make payment" ? Short and simple, I guess! – Nitika Feb 3 '14 at 8:39
  • also very good term – Kiti Feb 3 '14 at 8:44
  • How about "Pay/View My Bill" ? That's what my son's university calls their link when they "invite" me to pay his tuition. – JLG Feb 4 '14 at 6:32

"Payment link" is perfectly fine, concise, understandable, and if you google around for it, that's a term people actually use.

Under no circumstances could "payment link" possibly make anyone think that the seller wants to pay the buyer, because sellers just do not pay buyers.

| improve this answer | |

Bill link. In the paper world, we might call this a bill:


1 A printed or written statement of the money owed for goods or services:

In the same way that a paper bill would have a slip to facilitate returning payment, this cyber-bill would have a link to facilitate payment.

| improve this answer | |

I first offered a comment to see if that's what the OP was looking for.

"Make Payment" indeed looks good in all aspects (to the OP too).

Some more suggestions include:

"Enter payment details" "Enter billing info" "Move to bill desk"

| improve this answer | |
  • so i say "Make-Payment URL" – Kiti Feb 3 '14 at 8:55
  • yeah looks good – Nitika Feb 3 '14 at 9:11

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.