My wife was wondering if there were people out there who have a thing for watching women breast feed their kids. I went to google it but nothing really came up (So I'm posting here to look for the right keyword), the only close Wikipedia article was for 'Erotic Lactation', which isn't really what I'm referring to.

  • 4
    A feeding frenzy?
    – WS2
    Commented Feb 2, 2014 at 23:01
  • I don't think such a word exists, but if we are talking about a sexual fetish for breast feeding, you could coin your own; a good guess would be thelasmophilia or thelasmatophilia. Commented Feb 2, 2014 at 23:39
  • 1
    Is there a reason it has to be a single word?
    – Kit Z. Fox
    Commented Feb 3, 2014 at 0:07
  • I'd call the person a voyeur but the dictionary defines it as someone who derives sexual pleasure from watching two people participating in sexual acts.
    – Mari-Lou A
    Commented Feb 3, 2014 at 0:49

2 Answers 2


Fetish for watching women breastfeed falls under Lactophilia.


There might be some specialist lingo amongst the psychotherapist or FBI profiler set, but I don't think a word for this exists in the common tongue.

Mammopticon, perhaps?

Tethys was the Greek goddess of nursing (amongst other things) but I don't know Greek or Latin well enough to be erudite.

The word also needs to indicate whether the act of looking is a positive one, (as in one mother watching another mother nurse her child[ren],) or a negative act, (as in a leering, dirty old man peering in at a cracked window, with a frightened, yet defiant mother suckling her young, despite being ogled.)

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.