We are talking about a small suitcase which contains different presentation materials like markers, felt pens, post-its, paper in different shapes, laser pointers etc. for convention organization.

Is the expression moderator's set used in English for a set of materials like this? If not, what would it be called?

  • I don't know a special word for this. I might call it a presentation kit, but that's not a phrase I've ever heard before.
    – Colin Fine
    Commented Dec 3, 2013 at 14:29
  • Presentation (or Moderator's) kit (or toolkit) would work, though I don't think it's a standard phrase. Avoid set, which can be grammatically ambiguous.
    – AmeliaBR
    Commented Feb 2, 2014 at 21:02

1 Answer 1


Hmmm.... These are modern words and so is the list of things in it - laser pointers, post-it tags, etc... However, there are certain terms that you may use which have become widely accepted.

Then again, some of these terms may have specific meanings in certain countries or even age groups.

Eg: Wrench (US) = Adjustable Spanner (UK)

As for your choice of words, I believe you have many alternatives but here are some commonly used terms.

  • kit
  • case
  • presentation kit (as correctly quoted by Colin Fine)
  • moderator's case
  • pouch
  • jacket (also used for CD containers with a zipper)
  • moderator's tool kit

Note: This is not the only set of words for it.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.