What do you call the action by an employer where he/she increases the salary of person a to the level of person b on grounds that person a and b are performing at the same level but person a was being paid less than person b earlier.

  • 2
    ........justice – Edwin Ashworth Dec 3 '13 at 11:29
  • 3
    The salary of the person is said to be brought "on par" with the others/ with the standards. There's a term called pay-parity. – Kris Dec 3 '13 at 12:05

In case of two employees, it's equalizing their salaries.

If this is done company-wide, it will be normalizing the salaries, following positions and performance.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.