What name would you give to a grouping of items or things that you use frequently? I am preferrably looking for a one word answer please.

  • 3
    Can you provide more context around what the "items or things" are? Are they physical items or are they more like skills. There are a lot of words you could you use in varying scenarios.
    – Ste
    Nov 20, 2013 at 9:49

4 Answers 4


This might be too specific, but what about tool set?


I would say, essentials.......

  • I've no idea why someone downvoted this, it seems the most appropriate answer to me.
    – WS2
    Nov 20, 2013 at 11:54

Favourites come to mind........................


The french word nécessaire used as a noun might be what you're looking for.

Its widely used in Spanish too as "the group of things you always take with you". Also, some small handbags are called nécessaires because they are used to carry those items.

  • That would be necessities, but that does not necessarily match with things you frequently use. It might also be food or your toothbrush.
    – Rhand
    Nov 20, 2013 at 14:01

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.