In currency exchange (for example when you have US dollars and want to buy euros, or the opposite), what do you call the mean between the Buy price and Sell price?

In Japanese we call it TTM:

TTM = (TTB + TTS) /2

Where TTB is the price at which you can buy cash, and TTS the price at which you can sell cash.

Is there a similar word or abbreviation in English?

1 Answer 1


I think mid price, a short form of the more obvious mid-market price is what you are looking for (though the linked articles mainly refer to stocks). I have certainly heard and used mid-market price for this.

  • Side note, do not get it confused with half price or half market price as this means 50% less (money).
    – Arthor
    Commented Oct 17, 2013 at 10:50

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.