I’m looking for an English word which could mean something or someone that adds value to something else. Is there a single word for that?

4 Answers 4


That will depend on how you define value. A contribution can be considered as something that adds value. An enrichment can also be considered as something that adds value.

  • 1
    +1 Good answer. You could add enhancement and improvement to this list as well.
    – Lumberjack
    Oct 13, 2013 at 5:09
  • If it is a person, which word is better. In your answer contribution is a good choice for work, project verbs. enrichment is good for objects. similarly, what is the best choice for a person?
    – kvk30
    Mar 6, 2018 at 13:18

Would 'enhances' be the word you are looking for? 'The large shirt I am wearing enhances my appearance, as it hides the roll of fat across my middle'.


Enhancer or Enhancement

From the word enhance: to make greater, as in value, beauty, or effectiveness; augment; to provide with improved, advanced, or sophisticated features.

This would satisfy the request for a word that applies to something that adds value to something else. But I don't think I've heard it used to apply to a person who adds to the value of something.


What of Asset which is a currency exchance for value?

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.