I write blog posts where I need to refer to product images without knowing exactly where they are (layout wise) in relation to the text I write, meaning that the images might be above, below, or to the side of the text.

Is there a single word I can use as a label that makes it clear that the text which follows is regarding the image(s) in the post? How about depicted or products?

  • 1
    You may find the folks over on ux.stackexchange.com may be able to help if there is a specific term used in User Interface design – Rory Alsop Aug 3 '13 at 21:19

Why not label them explicitly - Figure 1, Figure 2, etc? Then refer to them by label, e.g. "Figure 1 shows a widget." No room for confusion then!

|improve this answer|||||
  • Because this isn't a research paper so it doesn't make sense stylistically. – blarfen Aug 2 '13 at 18:08
  • Images are numbered in other kinds of documents besides research papers. Also, they could be labelled in an informal way. Depending on the context, something like "Snapshot 1" or "Photo 1" might work. – Frank H. Aug 2 '13 at 19:41

Something like, "... the products/items/objects/[etc.] illustrated in this blog ..."

|improve this answer|||||

If you quote them in the order they are layout wise, you could use 'respectively'

|improve this answer|||||
  • Sorry, but I need a specific label because there's other text in a particular blog post that's not related to the images. – blarfen Aug 2 '13 at 17:42
  • An example The images described respectively from left to right as 'image1..., image 2... or top to bottom – user182630 Aug 2 '13 at 17:47
  • The products as shown on the website...
  • The various products pictured....
  • The products represented on this page...
  • The aforementioned products as seen...
  • The numerous products and whose images in the blog...
  • The choice of products on view...
|improve this answer|||||

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.