When talking about electronic drawings is it correct to use scheme or should I only use schematic?
- entity relationship diagrams (ERD) used to visually represent a database or data warehouse
- XML or similar non-physical descriptions
- physical electronic circuitry diagrams
- diagram of a physical assembly, with a variety of formats e.g. exploded
- layout for a physical structure
- British English: An investment plan or public policy action. There is no pejorative connotation.
- American English: A clever plan of action, possibly unethical or even illegal. There is a definite pejorative connotation.
For electronic drawings, schematic is the proper word choice. Do not use schema. Do not use scheme, especially not if intended for American English.