Is there a verb in the English language that describes the act of opening a can with a tab (like soda, for example). The closest I can get is "cracked open", but I'd like something more concise.

What about in other languages?


I think the turns of phrase "He pulled the tab on his beer." or "She popped the tab on her cooler." work nicely as alternatives.

| improve this answer | |

Pop cans are popped — of course. :)

More generally, one even speak of popping a beer can, at least if it has a pop-top cap (which I think all do).

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.