Other than phrasal descriptions, such as "special illegal act"[1]?

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idionymon

  • 2
    In English law, this would be called delictum sui generis (as the Wikipedia article shows). – Andrew Leach Jul 4 '13 at 14:11
  • Have you looked in a thesaurus? – TrevorD Jul 4 '13 at 16:44
  • I did. It seems to be a coined term meaning just this one law. This is in essence a request for translation (off topic). – MetaEd Jul 4 '13 at 17:49
  • In the Greek, what are the parts of the word? – MetaEd Jul 4 '13 at 18:00
  • Official translations between the greek word are provided in many places, and are as Andrew says 'delictum sui generis' etc. From the Wikipedia source [1] it appears the 'idionymon' is used in English as a translation as well. I am not looking for a translation rather I am looking for synonyms which are not phrases. – Alexis Petrounias Jul 4 '13 at 18:40

Since it is used to recognize a law, there is no synonym for it.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.