This question already has an answer here:

I am in a meeting with a lot of people but the person who is speaking is not focusing on the subject, that person is somehow "moving away" from what is really important. Is there any expression for that mirrors that situation or any other words I can use to talk about it ?

marked as duplicate by RegDwigнt May 24 '13 at 20:15

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.


'Beating around the bush' seems to fit, as does 'diverging from the main topic', or maybe even 'off-topic' (the word we often see on SE!) depending on how far away the discussion is going.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.