I'm looking through house listings and keep coming across "split plan." This is not a synonym of "split level," because the houses are pretty flat. What is a "split plan" house?

closed as general reference by choster, Bradd Szonye, Kris, Kristina Lopez, Rory Alsop May 24 '13 at 19:32

This question is too basic; it can be definitively and permanently answered by a single link to a standard internet reference source designed specifically to find that type of information. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 1
    I assume this is an American term? I don't think I've heard it in the UK. – TrevorD May 23 '13 at 23:42
  • 1
    I hadn't heard it before either, but it appears to refer to homes with the master bedroom separated from the other bedrooms: wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_a_split_floor_plan – Bradd Szonye May 24 '13 at 0:51

Split Plan: The master bedroom is on one side of the home away from the other bedrooms, located on the opposite side, thus offering more privacy for the master bedroom.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.