what would you call the putting forward of a controversial debate?

i.e. something is polemic when controversial but you can't say 'i am developing a polemic' (that is, use polemic as a noun)

is there an equivalent noun that would fit the case?

closed as general reference by user21497, Andrew Leach, Matt E. Эллен, MetaEd, choster May 23 '13 at 15:46

This question is too basic; it can be definitively and permanently answered by a single link to a standard internet reference source designed specifically to find that type of information. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.


Of course you can use polemic as a noun. It is a noun. For example:

Her book is a fierce polemic against the inequalities in our society.

You should do your research before making statements like that.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.