A person's "jack" is the slang for "friends at high places" in the part of the world where I belong to.

Thank you.

Edit: I split the long question as I was asked to.

  • 1
    This is two entirely different questions. Please split it so that they can be answered separately.
    – Matt
    Apr 25, 2013 at 14:11
  • This might also be a good candidate to ask on ell.stackexchange.com
    – Matt
    Apr 25, 2013 at 14:12

2 Answers 2


"Connected". As in: "He's connected; he can get anything you need, no matter how illegal." This could also be phrased as "he has connections". Just as an alternative for Brian Hooper's suggestion of Pull (which might fit your needs better).


Pull might be a suitable word for this; a bit less slangy than jack; meaning (6):-

Slang A means of gaining special advantage; influence: The lobbyist has pull with the senator.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.