I mean person who administrates something is called administrator. Person who manages something is called manager. How to call a person who works with statistics?

closed as general reference by tchrist, simchona Mar 16 '13 at 3:24

This question is too basic; it can be definitively and permanently answered by a single link to a standard internet reference source designed specifically to find that type of information. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • I don't think your line of reasoning is quite right. A manager doesn't "work with managing", but you would have gotten it if you said that "a mathematician works with math" – simchona Mar 16 '13 at 3:16
  • google.com/… – simchona Mar 16 '13 at 3:24
  • 1
    TIKSN, the "how to call" wording is incorrect in English. You should replace the how with what. You would benefit from reading the discussion at this link english.stackexchange.com/questions/150325/… – Tristan r Aug 1 '14 at 15:29

One calls him or her a "statistician."

  • 3
    Could TIKSN not find this in a dictionary? Or is EL&U now so well-established that one comes here before a dictionary? If so, it seems to have worked. – GEdgar Mar 16 '13 at 3:02
  • 1
    @GEdgar I would really like to know how to look up a word of which I only know the meaning. You know, as a English learner, I often don't know how to express myself because I can't find a suitable phrase. – zwangxian Mar 16 '13 at 4:25
  • In this case, look in the dictionary near the entry "statistics" to find related words. – GEdgar Mar 16 '13 at 13:38

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.