I work in a hospital. I want to know what we should call the proof of appointment. And I want to know the name of the place where we pay the bill after treatment.

  • Are you referring to your appointment in the hospital or appointment obtained by people to consult a doctor? Where I live, bills are paid at the billing counter or at the receptionist's desk. – user32480 Jan 31 '13 at 5:13
  • 2
    Sounds localized What country would this be in? – Canis Lupus Jan 31 '13 at 5:13
  • I live in Korea(south). – 박용현 Jan 31 '13 at 7:32
  • Reading this as a Briton and seeing "And I want to know the name of the place where we pay the bill after treatment." made me smile. Those who are British or Canadian should understand what I mean. – EM-Creations Jan 31 '13 at 13:13
  • As an American, I also smiled at this, but wryly, understanding as I do that our friends in Great Britain and Canada do not have to pay after treatment. In the U.S., we usually call the place where we pay the bill "the cashier" (or "cashier's desk," or "cashier's office"). – John M. Landsberg Mar 6 '13 at 8:42

In English, you'd call the proof that you have an appointment to see a doctor at a hospital clinic an appointment slip. A "slip" is a piece of paper. The slip in the link is an official US Army document labeled Appointment Slip. That term should work in Korea.

  • Appointment card is commonly used in places where appointment slips are commonly on card. – Jon Hanna Jan 31 '13 at 12:02

A case paper is something the patient may provide as proof of having an appointment to see the doctor.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.