Is there an architectural term for places where water is used? If you wanted waterproof flooring for rooms with faucets, drains, etc., it seems like there would be a term for such places so you wouldn't have to write "kitchen, bathroom(s), and other places where water is used" every time.


In designing school buildings, those areas which require special treatment because of the use of water (or other liquids, such as chemicals) are designated as Wet areas.

The same is true for hospitals.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.