3 edited tags
| link
2 edited tags
| link
source | link

Is there a word for colloquial forms of address?

For example, "dude," "man," "buddy," "pal," etc, when used to stand in for someone's name. "Hey, pal, how's it going?"

Is there a word for terms like these? Or is "colloquialism" as close as we can get?