Be Big! Don't type grumpy!
Spolsky, half paraphrased:
- "Don't answer questions that have already been answered elsewhere."
- Only close real duplicates
- Edit questions to make more general
- "Help us build a great library of canonical answers."
- site scope overlap is ok, be jealous of your questions, improve them to best fit your site
- don't try to migrate bad questions, just close them.
- suggest other sites where they might get better answers
Some of my curated answers with comments:
else- (comment on saved time)
- Performance Breakeven Analysis - "really nice" & "You should write a book!"
yieldkeyword in Python
- Clone or copy a list - (comment on saved time)
- Static methods - (nice comment)
- Append vs. Extend - (nice comment)
- Dictionary Autovivification - "Scrolling down really pays off"
- @staticmethod vs. @classmethod
- Check if a directory exists and create it
- How to ignore Exceptions
- The index in
forloops - "beautiful explanation :)"
Floating Point Division - (nice comment)
Monkey Patching - (nice comments!)
PyGotham talk - The Python Datamodel: When and how to write objects
6 Opposite of “literal” feb 28 '14
2 What do you call a person who's not yet a customer? feb 27 '14
2 Exact meaning of the Gandalf quote, “He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom.”? mar 16 '15
1 The logic behind “better safe than sorry” mar 11 '14
1 Why do we put “the” before “end”? feb 13 '14
0 Provoke in a good way feb 7 '14