This tag is for questions related to usage of the past tense in English.
Examples of questions using this tag
- Why do some words have two past tense forms (e.g. "dreamed" vs. "dreamt")?
- What's the negation of "I used to be"? Surely not "I didn't used to be"?
- Is "must" ever grammatical as a past tense verb?
- Are the verbs that are conjugated to end in "-n" in the past related?
- Why do people sometimes use the past perfect form of a verb when the past would suffice? (e.g. "you had mentioned")