This might be a long shot, but here goes.
I work in internet technology and often encounter (virtually and some times physically) people with the following characteristics. Is there a term or phrase that describes people with the following characteristics?
- highly critical of others' endeavors
- general lack of empathy
- overly idealistic (especially about technology)
- often engage in bikeshedding (Parkinson's law of triviality)
- argumentative, often ranting
- fail to understand the average person's point of view