English Language & Usage Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I want to create a community site where people can post their poems and get feedback, comments, and critique.

I would like to know if there is a (monosyllabic if possible) word that refers to a place/website where you can post something and get feedback (metaphors are OK too).

Any suggestions?

share|improve this question

closed as off topic by Daniel, Andrew Leach, coleopterist, Mitch, tchrist Oct 11 '12 at 18:16

Questions on English Language & Usage Stack Exchange are expected to relate to English language and usage within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

As per your other question, why not PoetHub? You may want to consider corner ("a private, secret, or remote place"), as well. Many cities I've lived in have a "poet's corner" where poets congregate, discuss, critique, etc. – Zairja Oct 11 '12 at 15:51
@Zairja Thanks for the suggestion. – janoChen Oct 11 '12 at 16:27

Monosyllabic is too much of a constraint.

That said, the right term depends on the nature and scope of the content. It could be

  1. Q&A --like ELU
  2. Forum --broader discussions
  3. Blog Site --each member has his blog on the site and responses are posted as comments
  4. There must be more --you can think on the above lines.


share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.