In tournament play, the chair umpire announces the end of the match with the well-known phrase "Game, set, match" followed by the winning person's or team's name.
It is similarly used in other contexts to indicate the winner, often in an argument or a comparison.
The following definitions are from OALD. Which senses of announce and indicate are most fitting to the above context?
- to tell people something officially, especially about a decision, plans, etc
- to give information about something in a public place, especially through a loudspeaker
- to say something in a loud and/or serious way
- to show that something is true or exists
- to be a sign of something; to show that something is possible or likely
- to mention something, especially in an indirect way