English Language & Usage Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I would like to have a sentence to indicate a person is on two days of paid time-off.

Could I form a sentence like,

  • "He is on two days paid time off."
  • "He is on paid time off for two days".

Please let me know which one is correct.

share|improve this question
up vote 3 down vote accepted

You could write

He is on two days of paid leave.

share|improve this answer
thank you very much – Narresh Jul 12 '12 at 3:42
+1 Also, FYI long periods of paid-leave (months) are often referred to as gardening leave. – 5arx Jul 15 '12 at 20:30

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.