English Language & Usage Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Looking for one word that means "more informative" or "more clear", "better communicates" etc...

share|improve this question

closed as not a real question by J.R., RegDwigнt May 10 '12 at 23:35

It's difficult to tell what is being asked here. This question is ambiguous, vague, incomplete, overly broad, or rhetorical and cannot be reasonably answered in its current form. For help clarifying this question so that it can be reopened, visit the help center.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

As others have noted, 1) these three are very different things, and without context your question is just too vague, 2) "clearer" is a rather obvious candidate, and 3) asking for a one-word comparative form of a four-syllable adjective is kind of pointless because the English grammar just does not work like that. – RegDwigнt May 10 '12 at 23:39
up vote 3 down vote accepted

Is there anything wrong with "clearer"?

share|improve this answer

Unfortunately, "more informative" is not the same as "more clear" or "better communicates", so I am not sure what you are asking.

If your question were clearer I would understand it better. If my answer gives you more information than another, it is "more informative" even if it is not any clearer.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.