English Language & Usage Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Just wondering if there is a Short form or a single word for 'Lab Supervisor'? I need the short form / single word to be at most 8 to 9 letters as the short form / single word will be placed on a menu (which have limited space).

Thank you.

share|improve this question

closed as too localized by Kris, RegDwigнt Apr 24 '12 at 7:34

This question is unlikely to help any future visitors; it is only relevant to a small geographic area, a specific moment in time, or an extraordinarily narrow situation that is not generally applicable to the worldwide audience of the internet. For help making this question more broadly applicable, visit the help center.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

up vote 0 down vote accepted

Lab-in-charge is the shortest I can think of, but overshoots your requirement by a bit.

share|improve this answer
Shyam, you give me a hint - probably I can call it as Lab IC? – Jack Apr 24 '12 at 7:10
@Jack: That should do, I think, given your space constraint. – Bravo Apr 24 '12 at 7:18

I used to attend a school where the Lab Supervisor was called "Lab Sup" (pronounced as Lab Soup).

I have come across organisations using "Lab supr" as the unpronounced written short-form. Where "supr" could also stand for "superintendent" - "sch supr" = school superintendent.

share|improve this answer
Sounds like the math notation lim sup :-) – Bravo Apr 24 '12 at 7:18

Lab Boss is a possibility, or Chief, or perhaps Lab OOD.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.