What are some alternate ways to describe a work product that is an utter failure, plus the additional connotations of:
- Low quality; of little or no redeeming value; completely botched
- Doomed from the start
- Ugly to look at; atrocious; abominable; vile
One way might be "it was an abortion of a report," but while this has most of the connotations I'm looking for, I think it is too offensive. I'm looking for something that has the same punch without the loaded word (that to some is fairly obscene itself).
I didn't think of botched until I wrote this question, and it is close, but doesn't have quite the same impact or have all the connotations I'd like.
If you need more specifics about what's being described, then focus on a piece of computer program code as the item that was an utter failure.
Otherwise it could be almost anything: a report, a speech, a theatrical production, a TV show, a presentation or performance, an art or craft, etc.
10 months later
A single word is not going to be possible. So, I'm leaning toward something like:
- This report is a vomit-inducing bowel movement.
- The code is a misbegotten pile of vomit.
- A well-polished, repulsive, smelly turd.
And to intentionally mix metaphors:
- A festering train-wreck of an ill-conceived abomination.
- A misbegotten, putrefying emetic.