English Language & Usage Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Is there a word to refer to a set of products sold together, with a specific price?

For example:

  • Product A is sold 10 dollars
  • Product B is sold 10 dollars

Product A and B are sold together for 18 dollars. How can we call the result of this product grouping?

share|improve this question
up vote 4 down vote accepted

As an alternative to bundle, consider package.

share|improve this answer
It's quite common to say, "This is a package deal", meaning you get a discount for buying all the related products. Or "This comes with the package," meaning this product is included at no extra charge if you buy the others. Etc. – Jay Apr 12 '12 at 14:44

You can say the two products have been bundled together. Product bundling is a commonly used sales strategy.

(Free Dictionary) vb. (Business / Commerce) (tr) to give away (a relatively cheap product) when selling an expensive one to attract business several free cassettes are often bundled with music centres (Webster) n. a package offering related products or services at a single price

share|improve this answer
Thanks for the information. I'll use package as this is travel related. I just realized Expedia mentions travel packages on their website. Thanks anyway for your time! – gyin Apr 12 '12 at 11:08
No worries! Yes, package makes more sense if you're talking about products offered by a travel company. – Milind Ganjoo Apr 12 '12 at 11:12
I think "bundling" is more commonly used as a verb, while the result is a "package". As in, "We bundled A and B together to make our Super Discount Package." Perhaps because "packaging" already is commonly used as a noun meaning the box or other container that the product is sold or shipped in. People do sometimes talk about the result of bundling being a "bundle", but it's not as common. – Jay Apr 12 '12 at 14:50
Maybe it's not so common. I definitely have seen it used as a noun for tech products. "Cost of Photoshop + Acrobat bundle = $200" – Milind Ganjoo Apr 12 '12 at 15:06

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.