Take the 2-minute tour ×
English Language & Usage Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I'm trying to think of a catchy word to use instead of a study/learning groups. The word is used in an informal context and I'm trying to think of something creative.

Something along the lines of 'circles' etc.

EDIT: I thought I'd provide the context to help people. I'm creating a very basic academic social network for my University where users are added to their course 'study groups' but are also free to create their own groups. I like the Google+ circle idea, but I don't want to rip that off.

share|improve this question

closed as not constructive by Matt E. Эллен, RegDwigнt Mar 19 '12 at 15:22

As it currently stands, this question is not a good fit for our Q&A format. We expect answers to be supported by facts, references, or expertise, but this question will likely solicit debate, arguments, polling, or extended discussion. If you feel that this question can be improved and possibly reopened, visit the help center for guidance. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Specific to a subject? –  cornbread ninja 麵包忍者 Mar 19 '12 at 14:59
@cornbreadninja No not really, the word doesn't necessarily have to include something relating to learning. Maybe just an unusual word for a group of people. –  Alex Mar 19 '12 at 15:09

1 Answer 1

Does it need to be only one word, or a short phrase? I suggest "Rink", or "Think Rink".

share|improve this answer
I like where you're going... Ideally one word due to the nature of the context I'll be using the word. –  Alex Mar 19 '12 at 15:07
This list might inspire you: thealmightyguru.com/Pointless/AnimalGroups.html –  blackappy Mar 19 '12 at 15:13

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.