English Language & Usage Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm searching for slang terms for standard mailboxes like the image.

enter image description here

share|improve this question
up vote 1 down vote accepted

There doesn't appear to be a current slang term for this type of mailbox. Nevertheless, the terms Joroleman's Tunnel or Joroleman's Quonset, taken liberally from information on Wikipedia may, one day, become common slang.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.