English Language & Usage Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Should i write

Bachelor of Engineering from [Place]


Bachelor of Engineering in [Place]

Seems both sound right to me, or might be i am not good in my English language usage.

share|improve this question

I suppose the place in brackets refers to an academic institution. The best option is to use your first example. The use of the preposition in would make me expect some information on specialisation in a particular branch of engineering.

share|improve this answer
yeah my inner mind tells me 1st is right choice. Place refers to the institution of study.Thanks – Deeptechtons Feb 5 '12 at 9:03
@Deeptechtons, you may use "at" – Mustafa Feb 5 '12 at 9:21

He took a master's degree in economics at Yale.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.