English Language & Usage Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

May I know if there is a single word that can replace the word "Return Undamaged" or "Return in Original form"?


Jack borrow a item from Joe for 10 days. After the last day, Jack return the item to Joe. Joe check the item and confirm that the item is return in its original form and does not have any damages (such as scratches, tear, etc)

share|improve this question
What's wrong with "return undamaged"? You cannot express everything in life in just 1 word, why always look for the simplest answer, when this delivers the message just fine? "Joe examined the item to confirm it has been returned undamaged." – RiMMER Nov 24 '11 at 1:03
I understand that life is complicated and require more than 1 word to describe to express it. I am just looking if there are really such a word that really exist. If such a word does not exist, it is fine. – Larry Morries Nov 24 '11 at 1:08
I don't know about such a word. If someone has any idea, they sure will post an answer to help you, but I wouldn't count on such a word existing. I'd say "return undamaged" is as close as you're going to get. – RiMMER Nov 24 '11 at 1:11
up vote 0 down vote accepted

Perhaps restockable, as in "item must be restockable".

However, it probably is better to separately emphasize "item must be returned" and "item must be in good condition when returned"; for example, "For refund of deposit, item must be restockable and punctual."

share|improve this answer
Yeah, I think that word - "restockable" quite fit into the picture that I am looking at. Thanks. – Larry Morries Nov 24 '11 at 7:44

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.