English Language & Usage Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

What is the term for this? In my language we have a special word for it, not just mask.

share|improve this question

closed as too localized by Jasper Loy, Mr. Shiny and New 安宇, Mitch, simchona, Mehper C. Palavuzlar Nov 22 '11 at 7:55

This question is unlikely to help any future visitors; it is only relevant to a small geographic area, a specific moment in time, or an extraordinarily narrow situation that is not generally applicable to the worldwide audience of the internet. For help making this question more broadly applicable, visit the help center.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Could you tell us what is the word for it in your language? There are many people here who are multilingual, I for example understand Slovak, Czech, Polish and Russian quite well. The image you linked is from a Czech site, so I guess your native language is Czech? – RiMMER Nov 22 '11 at 1:42
It's commonly called a masquerade mask. Domino (as in the answer below) is a technical term, but I've never heard it used in this context. – Optimal Cynic Nov 22 '11 at 4:48

I'd call that a domino or a domino mask. If you're looking for a special term in English for a domino mask with feathers, I think you're flat out of luck.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.