English Language & Usage Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

What do we call the bowling alley machines that fix the pins after the ball rolls and hopefully strikes them out?

share|improve this question

closed as general reference by Robert Cartaino Nov 14 '11 at 18:54

This question is too basic; it can be definitively and permanently answered by a single link to a standard internet reference source designed specifically to find that type of information.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

I could knock down all the pins if they didn't keep setting them back up again ... – Jay Nov 14 '11 at 17:45
We're really trying to avoid using this site for "single word requests" where a dictionary, thesaurus or reverse-dictionary lookup will suffice. Typing "machine that sets up the bowling pins" into a Google search brings up the answer in the first set of entries. See Against Single Word Requests – Robert Cartaino Nov 14 '11 at 18:53

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.