I'm not an English speaker. Even though I do understand conditional statements that are written by others but when it comes to my turn I still feel confused and don't really know how to organize it.
- If you had not been here I would have been here.
- If you were here I would be here.
- If you are here I will be here.
I understand the 'time line' of verb tenses like this: [past perfect] - [past] - [present perfect] - [present] - [future perfect] - [future] Following this if the conditional statement suggests the sequence of the events they should be :
- If you had not been here I would be here.
- If you were here I would've been here.
- If you are here I will have been here.
May I please have your help on this? I know it's quite basic but I couldn't find any clear explanation on the net.