English Language & Usage Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Possible Duplicate:
How to name a part of a piechart

What is the correct name for a shape which is like a triangle but with one edge circular, like a slice of cake?

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by Matt E. Эллен, z7sg Ѫ, Jasper, RegDwigнt Sep 26 '11 at 10:03

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

like a slice of pie, even. :) – onomatomaniak Sep 26 '11 at 6:25
up vote 2 down vote accepted

It's a sector, 'the shape enclosed between an arc and the two radii at either end of that arc' (Oxford Mathematics Study Dictionary).

share|improve this answer
+1 note: non-specialist dictionaries list it, too (onelook.com/?w=sector) – Unreason Sep 26 '11 at 8:41

It's a sector.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.