English Language & Usage Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

At school or at family events, we can sometimes get photos of the group we represent.

Such photos are often placed in a paper/card cover on which are lines ready to write the names of the persons that are on the photo.

Is there any single term to represent this object?

share|improve this question

I'd suggest "photo jacket" or "photo sleeve."

Would you please inscribe the photo sleeve?

Would your son prefer "J.D." or "James Dean" on our photo jacket?

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.