English Language & Usage Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I head up a support team.

In some situations I refer to some issues where support act as 'middle men' between the clients and the developers.

This seems sexist (females in the team), but I cannot find a better term.
Any ideas?

share|improve this question
There's always the politically-corrected "middle people," but that might offend some men. =( – Randolf Richardson Jul 23 '11 at 3:31
I did try writing that, but didnt have the right ring. go-between works for my scenario. – Simon Jul 23 '11 at 4:22
up vote 5 down vote accepted

The most literal synonym is go-between. A better and more formal-sounding term would be intermediary.

share|improve this answer

Intermediaries might be the word you're looking for.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.