What does the word "telegram" mean?
It sounds familiar though I've no idea what it is.
The dictionary says "telegram" is defined as: "A message sent by telegraph and then delivered in written or printed form."
And I looked up the word "telegraph": "A system for transmitting messages from a distance along a wire, esp. one creating signals by making and breaking an electrical connection"
Would I be right to say "telegram" is a general term for anything over the wire, and also that:
1) the emails that I receive are telegrams
2) the audio that I hear off of a website is a telegram
3) the webpages that I'm viewing are telegrams
4) the videos that I'm watching over the internet are telegrams
5) every time I hit a submit button or type in a url I'm sending a telegram
6) if a MSN notification pops up on my computer, it's because my friend just sent me a telegram
7) my bittorrent is constantly sending and receiving telegrams