The motto for the TruTV channel has always bugged me: Not reality, actuality.
At least from online dictionaries I have looked up these words on, they seem equivalent. The definitions even reference one another.
- The state or fact of being actual; reality.
- Actual conditions or facts.
- The quality or state of being actual or true.
- One, such as a person, an entity, or an event, that is actual:
- The totality of all things possessing actuality, existence, or essence.
- That which exists objectively and in fact.
Is this motto just silly, or is there really some connotation to these words that I am not aware of that makes them distinct?