English Language & Usage Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Is there a different word, a synonym or neologism for "Rhyming Dictionary"?

I mean something like Rhyming + thesaurus?

share|improve this question
A "neologism" is just a new word. You are looking for a synonym. – MrHen May 17 '11 at 13:04
up vote 2 down vote accepted

These have always been known as "rhyming dictionaries." Since they do not generally have definitions, and simply list homonyms and homophones, they are more akin to orthographies.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.