Take the 2-minute tour ×
English Language & Usage Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Possible Duplicate:
My wife and I's seafood collaboration dinner

How do I refer to something that belongs to both myself and someone else?

- My friend's and I's party.
- Mine and my friend's party.
- My friend's and my party.

I can't figure it out :/

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by MrHen, Uticensis, Kosmonaut May 16 '11 at 23:57

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

1 Answer 1

up vote 0 down vote accepted

Assuming "our party" won't work for some reason, "my friend's and my party" is probably going to be the best you can do.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.