How would the grammar of this construction be analysed? I am trying to identify and define the difference between using this and the regular way of saying the same thing.
- You took this place and you transformed it / You transformed this place
- You took that song and butchered it / You butchered that song
- You took my trust and abused it / You abused my trust
- Alcohol took my life and destroyed it / Alcohol destroyed my life
- The internet took society and transformed it / The Internet transformed society