Take the 2-minute tour ×
English Language & Usage Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts. It's 100% free, no registration required.

As the title suggests, I'm looking for a word for someone who wants to find a single word to describe a relatively obscure concept, and posts such questions on internet boards. If I'm informed of such a word (or even a short phrase to the same effect), I'll be able to communicate more clearly, concisely, and precisely in the internet fora that I frequent.

share|improve this question

closed as off-topic by Kit Z. Fox Jul 13 '14 at 18:22

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "Questions on choosing an ideal word or phrase must include information on how it will be used in order to be answered. For help writing a good word or phrase request, see: About single word requests" – Kit Z. Fox
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

This has a distinct feel of being off-topic to it… and yet I can't help but upvote! –  Janus Bahs Jacquet Jul 13 '14 at 9:28
Related. –  tchrist Jul 13 '14 at 11:47
...... annoying –  Edwin Ashworth Jul 13 '14 at 14:29
Please migrate this posting to ELU.meta. –  tchrist Jul 13 '14 at 16:21
There's not a single word, but I suppose you could mash it into one: Repwhore. –  Kit Z. Fox Jul 13 '14 at 17:31

3 Answers 3

Potential English Language & Usage user

share|improve this answer

What about monologomaniac?

PS. I do like your question.

share|improve this answer

I think the term you are after is Stack-barker. Or possibly Stack-breaker.

share|improve this answer
..... Stackler? –  Edwin Ashworth Jul 13 '14 at 14:28

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.