English Language & Usage Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I want know if the English language has a term that means "design and engineering".

share|improve this question
can you replace implies with a different word? It's a little difficult to imagine what you mean by this. – virmaior May 17 '14 at 12:09
This question is better asked on an Engineering Q&A. – Kris May 17 '14 at 13:22
Ok, I'm referring to "means" – user3374657 May 17 '14 at 17:31
up vote 1 down vote accepted

I guess you are be referring to tech-design or design technology meaning:

'the study, design, development, application, implementation, support and management of computer and non-computer based technologies for the express purpose of communicating, using various mediums, product design intent and constructability as well as to facilitate product operation and maintenance and to ultimately improve overall product design realization, construction, operation and maintenance.'

share|improve this answer
Please re-read the Wiki entry -- 'design technology' is not the same as 'design & engineering.' – Kris May 17 '14 at 13:21

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.