English Language & Usage Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

The music "Glad you came" by The Wanted has the following verses

Turn the lights out now, now I'll take you by the hand

Hand you another drink, drink it if you can

Can you spend a little time, time is slipping away

Away from us so stay, stay with me I can make

Make you glad you came

Is there a term for it?

share|improve this question

It's a form of chain verse, or a chain rhyme: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chain_rhyme

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.