Take the 2-minute tour ×
English Language & Usage Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I'm looking for a word to describe a person (it can be a term of animal's behavior) who expresses his or her own feeling frequently, particularly through their facial expressions.

share|improve this question

2 Answers 2

Consider demonstrative

(of a person) tending to show feelings, especially of affection, openly.

share|improve this answer

You might also consider the word effusive

  1. expressing feelings of gratitude, pleasure, or approval in an unrestrained or heartfelt manner
share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.