Joky; inclined to or characterised by quipping.
- A clever, witty remark often prompted by the occasion.
- A clever, often sarcastic remark; a gibe.
It can be used endearingly, as well as pejoratively, but also in both ways simultaneously (as determined by the context):
- A couple so quippy and witty that I almost want to see them as supporting roles in every rom-com I can.
- So funny. So quippy. So utterly watchable.
- I think that's where Spidey works very well because he is so quippy and so funny.
- were all people in the 1940s so quippy or is it just his Captain America?
- Waid writes a comic called Ruse that I love, it ... the detective’s assistant, Emma Bishop, is such a great character. She comes off as smart even when she’s next to this super-genius, she’s really quippy and active in the story. She’s great, and
- It helps that he is quippy, sexy, and intense. Again, who doesn't love Spike? Buffy- Buffy is so complicated.
- She is so quippy and clever and I SO want to BE quippy and clever!
- I wish that I was funny. You know those people who just are babbling along and people around them are dying laughing? I am not one of them. Or, maybe it would be great to be like someone who was really quippy, like Lorelai Gilmore. She always knows what to say, but then again (as it was pointed 0ut to me yesterday) she isn’t real, and it took someone days, weeks, or maybe months to write what she says. Is anyone really that sharp and quick on their feet?
- My best friend, who I absolutely love and adore is starting to become really quippy and she puts me down all the time. Believe me I KNOW that she is joking and we are extremely close so I guess of all people she has the most agency to make these jokes, but at the same time it has gotten to the point where she rarely says nice things to me and her "jokes" are really getting to me.
- OK, if I wanted to be really quippy, I'd say "Since I'm looking for interesting or intelligent engagement with folks, I'm looking for that which isn't here all right." But that's just because I am frustrated.
(all the examples are googlable)
Yeah, as one of the sentences calls it to attention:
clever, keen of intellect, swift of thought.