Take the 2-minute tour ×
English Language & Usage Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts. It's 100% free, no registration required.

In "Perfect Zen" by E. A. St. Amant it is written:

“You're a breeder voyeur,” Paulo remarked. “She loves the explicit gay porno stuff, like at the Barn.”

I found that a breeder voyeur is 'A heterosexual person who attends a gay bar or event in order to observe gay life', so, I'm wondering what do you call a heterosexual who, not only observes gay life, but wonders what it would be like to live and to have a relationship with a gay person.

The first word that come to my mind is curious, but it seems too general and I'm looking for a word that fits more precisely that meaning.

share|improve this question
My favourite for this is "3-beer-queer". –  Brad Sep 20 '13 at 22:26

1 Answer 1

The word is bicurious (often hyphenated, bi-curious). There's also homoflexible and heteroflexible.

Bi-curious is a term used to refer to people of a heterosexual or homosexual identity who, while showing some curiosity for a relationship or sexual activity with a person of the sex they do not favor, distinguish themselves from the bisexual label. The term is sometimes used to describe a broad continuum of sexual orientation between heterosexuality and bisexuality.

The terms heteroflexible and homoflexible are also applied to bi-curiosity, though some authors distinguish heteroflexibility as lacking the "wish to experiment with ... sexuality" implied by the bi-curious label.


share|improve this answer
Bi-curious suggests that a heterosexual is imagining sex with a homosexual and being aroused. The question doesn't necessarily suggest that the heterosexual is thinking of this because he desires to have sex with a man. He may be thinking about it an abstract sense. –  user8547 Jun 30 at 19:01

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.